Download Firefly SoftPhone
Firefly SoftPhone is the easiest way to use Freshtel’s great service from your PC.
Available completely free it offers many advanced features such as conference calling, call transfer, Instant Messaging and much more. Plus it’s so easy to use!
Try the Firefly phone and start making free calls to all other Freshtel users right away!
- Allows calls to other Freshtel users as well as landlines and mobile phones
- Compatible with USB Handsets and standard headsets
- Compatible with SIP and 3rd Party VoIP Hardware
- Compatible with Windows compatible audio device including wireless headsets
- Drag-and-drop contact list with ability to create contact groups for easy management
- Mouse-over pop-up’s on contact list for easy access to information and contact management
- Online status indicators to show contacts online or offline
- Ability to set your own online status
- Set custom ringtones and on-hold music
- Keeps a log of all calls made/received as well as Instant Messages
- Online tracking of calls with the Free pre-paid plan
- Top up your account online for the Free pre-paid plan
- Monthly plans for Post-Paid billing.
- Multiple diagnostic log levels for problem solving
- Ability to place call on hold
- Built-in Audio Wizard for fast and easy Audio configuration
- Ability to have multiple calls in progress simultaneously
- Support for conference calls and call transfer
- Advanced Echo Cancellation for better sound
- Microsoft Outlook© Integration that displays Outlook contacts in the Firefly Contact List
- Automatically checks for updates online
- Pop-up notifications alert users to a contacts online status and for incoming calls
- PC’s running Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win7
- Minimum Pentium II 400Mhz, 64MB RAM
- 20MB of free disk space
- 512/128k or greater broadband connection recommended for best results.
- A headset with speaker and microphone or a USB Handset.
How do I download Firefly?
- To download Firefly, click the link above. You may be prompted to save the file to your computer - choose to do so. As it can be very easy to forget where you’ve put a downloaded file, select the Desktop from the Save in dropdown box, which is usually at the top of the download window.
How do I install Firefly on to my computer?
- Once the download has completed, you may be given the choice to Open the download. Click Open to start the Firefly installer.
- If you are not given this choice, find your way back to the Desktop and double click the icon for firefly3.4.exe.
- Follow the prompts to install the Firefly software.
- Enter your Freshtel phone number and password when prompted.
- You are now ready to use Firefly!